18/02/2010

Mysteries - no.1 & no.2 (please help...)

Finally 80% done for tidying up my room, and finally made it to unpack some of those stuff which I didn't have the courage to touch or read again for quite a while. So, I threw some of those away, and made room to keep those I wanna keep.

While making the room to fit them in, I found two pieces of paper, folded. I then read the content, and it was completely a mystery to me. I have no idea who wrote that to me - I am sure that's not my handwriting. The handwriting looks familiar, but simply I couldn't tell where they came...

If YOU happened to realize you wrote me the below to me before, please let me know. I wanna say a THANK-YOU!! Below the passages written there...

< MYSTERY 1: Here and There >
There is no place like here
for places on the map
are quite a different sort.

There're neither here nor there
but fixed at where they are;
yet here am I quite caught,

for here cannot be there,
though there is everywhere.
I fly from port to port
since somewhere I must be -
yet nowhere when I'm dead,
and that's a curious thought.

< MYSTERY 2: Days >
What are days for?
Days are where we live
They come, they wake us
Time and time over.
They are to be happy in:
Where can we live but days?

Ah, solving that question
Bring the priest and the doctor
In their long coats
Running over the fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment