13/04/2010

The Day Before Departure

April 9, 2010 (Fri) - Day (minus)1

Have been struggling how to start my writing - should I begin with my 'Wine Australia Travel Scholarship' day? Should I just write about my wine story? Should I write about my wine life?

Have been struggling where to go after my scholarship part is done - Tasmania? Western Australia? At first felt like vacation, then felt like perhaps I should make my trip all the way just about wines!?

FINALLY - All I had in mind before I departed - Just let it go, and let it flow.

***
So there on the day before my departure, I got the invitation to attend a press conference - orgnized for wines/ food from Tasmania + Queensland + South Australia. Met quite a few people there, and all of them were just telling me the same thing: 'Oh, awesome, you are going Australia tomorrow morning!? Enjoy! Do you now feel like you're there already?'

Yes - they were right! I felt I was there already - having all the wines & food from there... and they were such fresh produce. Nice!

It's the first time for me to explore Australia - although I have been involved in wine sales for Australian wines, and met the winemakers & the suppliers for times. However, I haven't had the chance to go there and see the real thing!

TODAY - I got it!!

Indeed, it was 'teatime' hour when I went to that press conference. There, we were having lobster, abalone, lamb... just LUXURIOUS!! How could you imagine that kind of food for 'TEATIME'!? Anywayz - that's how my '(minus)1 day' began!

And then in the evening - there was temporarily suspension of water supply. Because of that, I thought I would stay home and get prepared. YET - finally, I couldn't resist the temptation to go out for a drink before I left. ONE round - thanks my angel friend stopping me from going somewhere else for some more rounds.

There my day was done - fully ready physically & mentally - to Australia!

***
PHOTOS:
LUXURIOUS teatime: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/untitledjournal/Australia2010DayMinus1PreTrip#
WONDERFUL one-round of drink: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/untitledjournal/Australia2010DayMinus1PreTripNight#

No comments:

Post a Comment